Words have the power to move us, inspire us and touch us in so many ways. I guess that’s why I have always liked finding inspirational quotes. Today I am sharing with you 32 of my favorite quotes dealing with organizing, time and simplicity.
Which one inspires you the most?
- Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up. ~ A.A. Milne
- Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity ~ Albert Einstein
- If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things. ~ Albert Einstein
- The most important things in life aren’t things. ~ Anthony J. D’Angelo
- Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough. ~Author Unknown
- For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned. ~ Benjamin Franklin
- You will never be completely ready. Start from wherever you are. ~ C.J. Hayden, MCC
- Eliminate physical clutter. More importantly, eliminate spiritual clutter. ~ D.H. Mondfleur
- Good order is the foundation of all things. – Edmund Burke
- Perfection is highly overrated. Real learning and growth come with imperfection. ~ Felicia Watlington
- Our life is frittered away by detail . . . simplify, simplify.” ~Henry David Thoreau
- Your children need your presence, more than your presents. ~ Jesse Jackson
- One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time. ~ John Wanamaker
- Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time’ is to say ‘I don’t want to’. ~ Lao Tzu
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Leonardo DaVinci
- There’s always room for improvement, you know–it’s the biggest room in the house. ~ Louise Heath Leber
- Gentlemen, I do one thing at a time. I do it very well. And then I move on. ~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III, M*A*S*H
- Perfection is the death of possibilities. ~ Mary Kay Hamm
- I’m careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can strive for; perfection is God’s business. ~ Michael J. Fox
- Less is more. ~ Mies Van Der Rohe
- If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it. ~Olin Miller
- You can have it all. You can’t just have it all at once. – Oprah Winfrey
- Joy is not in things; it is in us. ~ Richard Wagner
- Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week ~ Spanish Proverb
- Eliminate physical clutter. More importantly, eliminate spiritual clutter. ~ Terri Guillemets
- The best way to get something done is to begin. ~Author Unknown
- Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. ~ William Morris
- The maxim ‘Nothing but perfection’ may be spelled ‘Paralysis.’ ~ Winston Churchill
- There is no try. There is only DO, or do not. ~ Yoda
- The more you have, the more you are occupied. The less you have, the more free you are. ~ Mother Teresa
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. ~Life’s Little Instruction Book, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- He who dies with the most stuff, is still dead. ~ on coffee mug
For more inspirational organizing quotes visit my Organize It! QUOTES board on Pinterest.
*This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you purchase from a link, I may receive a small commission with no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my business! See my disclosure policy for full details.